Canva is a design tool that helps you create for images Web or print, including blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, and more.
- It's free online (while certain images and graphics require payment, there are hundreds of free options)
- You can work collaboratively, sharing and editing your designs with a classmate or teacher.
- There are dozens of pre-set templates, icons, and images to start you off, or you can create from scratch, and upload your own images to customize.
- When you're finished you can publish the images online or download them to print or use in other projects.
- If you want to print as a poster, we recommend you download as a .pdf, then open using Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free download if it is not already installed on your device). When you go to print from Adobe Acrobat Reader, select "Poster" under Page sizing & handling. 100% size will print on 6 pieces of regular sized paper (8.5"x11"). 80% size will print on 4 pieces. You will need to trim the white margins and then tape them together on a poster board. The library has a paper cutter if you need it, but no color printer!
- If you are using a Chromebook or don't have access to Adobe Reader, recommend you download as a .pdf, then upload to a block poster printing site like blockposters.com, use the site to carve up your poster across multipe sheets of 8.5"x11" paper, then download the multi-page poster. You will need to trim the white margins and then tape them together on a poster board. The library has a paper cutter if you need it, but no color printer!